Horizon Herbs

One of my plans this year is to plant an edible flower and medicinal herb garden.  I learned about the Horizon Herbs company from the book Making Plant Medicineby Richo Cech, one of the owners.  It's an excellent introduction on making tinctures from plants, mainly medicinal herbs.  In fact, one of their specialty products is the Horizon Herbs tincture press.  You don't need one to make the simple tinctures described in the book but if you want a more uniform product and are making a lot of tinctures, then this would be a good investment.

I placed my order with them a couple months ago.  I was practically giddy which I think home gardeners can relate to.  Horizon Herbs sells organic, seed saver friendly herb and flower seeds.  They also sell live plants and some fruit, vegetable and tree seeds and plants.  It's a family operated business and they definitely walk the talk by eating from their garden and making their own herbal medicine.

I ordered some edible flower and medicinal and culinary herb seeds.  I'll let you know how my seeds progress.  I know we all have our favorite places to order from but wanted to share this gem with you.  To learn more or place an order, visit the Horizon Herbs website.  There is planting info with each listing.  They also sell seed kits if you aren't sure where to start.  Just click on the Gifts tab at the top of the page.  They've also started making videos.  Check them out over at Vimeo.

© P.J. Deneen

Comments

Popular Posts