Pagan Prepper and Survivalist Link Roundup

As I mentioned in my welcome post, one of the reasons I started this blog was because I wanted to show other Pagans that there are preppers out there who aren't just Mormons or other Christians.  I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but it's always nice to know if there are others out there like you.  In that spirit, here is a link roundup of Pagan preppers I've found through the internet plus one more.

I originally found Rob Taylor of Red Alerts:  American Survival Blog when I was doing research for my Conservative Pagans article.  He used to have a separate blog for survival topics but has merged that into his crime and politics blog.  He covers many survivalist topics including hunting, trapping, food storage and current political and social events that lead to the need for preparedness.  Rob also has survival-type posts at Hunter - Trader - Trapper.

Cat Ellis is a Heathen and homesteading mom.  She and her husband found themselves unemployed and unable to get help, so decided to take matters into their own hands.  Cat blogs and has a podcast called Better Living Daily about her efforts to be completely self-sufficient.  She's even been featured in a CNN article online about buying nothing for Christmas.  I was saddened to read some of the comments after that article as it's obvious that so many people still have their heads in the sand regarding preparedness.

Herbalpagan blogs at Green Surviving and is a regular contributor on SHTFM radio.  She's an experienced gardener, homesteader, and prepper and shares her down-to-earth advice on many different topics on the radio show which airs on Blog Talk Radio every Wednesday night at 8 p.m. EST but can be listened to later on if you can't make the live show.

I found Fern of Fern's Fronds on Twitter.  She shares thoughts on prepping and frugal living in her blog as well as what's going on in her life and what she thinks about Paganism and Pagans.  I love her off-the-cuff, no-nonsense style of writing and her fun cooking tips.

The newly-formed Pagan Conservative social networking site is in its infancy but I'm hoping for big things, at least a place to find like minds.  The site has a message board and survival is one of the topics which is empty right now, but over the weekend I hope to have a chance to comment there.

I don't know if this next one is a prepper, but I envy her gun collection.  She's a self-described Dianic-leaning eclectic witch and one I might add with an attitude, and I mean that as a compliment.  Most preppers I've come across support the 2nd amendment, so I'm adding Hecate's Crossroads in this list as she's definitely a kindred spirit in that regard.

More Pagan prepper groups.

Other so-called alternative preppers:

© P.J. Deneen

Popular Posts