Kroger Still Offering Free Pickup

Homemade COVID mask. Credit P.J. Deneen

Kroger is still offering free grocery pickup. I'm extremely grateful for this during the pandemic due to it being one of two grocery stores in my immediate area.  I do the shopping for my mom, a boomer-age woman prone to pneumonia who is housebound.  Before the pandemic, we would shop together, but now in order to do our best to protect her from COVID, I order from Kroger on her behalf (she doesn't do the internet).

Grocery employees are reasonably considered essential. As of this writing, I believe Kroger has reinstituted hazard pay per TDU for their workers. I hope so as I don't want to change where I go.  My mom is on a fixed income, and I'm also trying not to travel too much due to my husband working around healthcare workers at times. I can even modify the order when she inevitably calls me later and needs to add something (up to a certain window of time).  

It's been very convenient to place her order online and pick it up at the designated time.  To find out more, visit How Pickup Works on the Kroger website.

© P.J. Deneen

Comments

Popular Posts