Pimento Cheese Made From USDA Senior Box Cheese

Homemade pimento cheese. 
Credit: jeffreyw, CC by 2.0, via Wikimedia Commons

I love pimento cheese, and I understand if you turned up your nose a bit at the title of the post.  I have a relative who qualifies for food assistance, several actually, and I'm not one of those preppers that looks down on this (don't get me started). I do what I can to help. I also found this DIY video from a frugal Youtuber, Anita Estes, on how to make pimento cheese from what we used to call "government cheese."  

My relative let me make her some with the cheese she receives, and it was tasty. I could see using the different types of mayo out now (i.e. avocado oil, olive oil), to make it more to your liking. My relative also qualifies for Meals On Wheels. If you're feeling generous, consider going to the national website to find your local program to help.

Comments

Popular Posts