Prepping Updates and Imstillworkin on YouTube

I know it's been a bit quiet here but I'm still prepping and planning.  I just wanted to check in with some updates to preps and also share with you one of my favorite preppers on YouTube.

First up, I'll be starting seeds indoors about a month earlier this year in hopes of giving them more of a head start before I plant them outside.  Mamma Bear at Challenged Survival has some great tips for using egg cartons as seed starters, so I'll be trying that this year.  While I haven't written my garden plans down, I'm going over in my head the things I want to do different this year and the layout of my gardening spaces.  Having a garden journal from last year to look over is definitely helping me plan and I'll make a written plan soon.

Imstillworkin is one of my fave YouTube preppers.  She speaks from the heart and talks about prepping and frugal living including prepping food, gardening, cooking, gift giving and old-time prep and survival techniques.  In this video, she shows her experiment with dehydrating canned food.  I haven't tried this yet but it turned out quite well for her.  This is a great idea if you have some cans that are just about to expire but you have no desire to eat a bunch of canned fruit anytime soon.



At the end, she gives a demo of Spiff-E-Whip from Augason Farms.  I haven't tried this, but it does seem like a good prep to have to satisfy your sweet tooth.  I believe I've seen a similar product in the grocery store near the gelatin, so if you're unsure about powdered whipped cream and just want to give a small amount a try before buying the Augason Farms product that might be the way to go.

She has a lot of other great videos on canning and more.  I was inspired by her video on dehydrating veggies for chow mein such as cabbage and tried that.  It turned out great, though I use mine mainly in stir-fry meals. Her channel is full of prepper goodness.  Check it out.

Sharing prepper treasures on YouTube will probably be a regular feature of this blog, so stay tuned and feel free to share your faves in the comments.

Related:

Survive2Day on YouTube

© P.J. Deneen

Comments

Popular Posts