Loving Winter but Dreaming of Spring

I adore the winter (except for driving in it).  One nickname bestowed on me by my mom was her snow baby, but I can't help but look forward to the spring when I can start some gardening.

Below is the winter version of the raised garden bed setup that I laid down in the fall.


Here is the tiny strawberry patch that I might extend outward in a rectangular fashion in the spring.


I have some pots on my deck with herb and elderberry seeds sown and some overwintering of beets and spring onions.  I plan to purchase Smart Pots (fabric planters) or something similar for more veggies to grow on my relatively large deck.  If the greens and other veg I have planned for the raised beds do well, then I left enough space in the middle to add another raised bed.  What's your planned garden prep for 2019?


© P.J. Deneen

Comments

Popular Posts