Prepper Potpourri on Fear-Mongering, Conspiracy-Oriented Preppers

It's not the Illuminati ya'll. Relax.
Image: Michael Knoll/Pixabay.

I've never left prepping, but I've definitely left some YouTube preppers behind. From anti-vax nonsense to religious extremism and implied racism, i.e. urban vs. country, us vs. them, etc., I couldn't stomach much of the fear-mongering and conspiracies promoted as prepping. 

As someone who worked in the alternative health field for ten years via massage therapy and energy work, don't even get me started on how much worse the conspiracies surrounding it have become than even back in the '90s and early aughts. I've always been and will always be pro-natural medicine, herbs, reiki, massage, homeopathy, etc., but I believe it's complementary to, not a replacement for, allopathic medicine. My physicians aren't part of the Illuminati. They're not out to get me. That's a long post for another day though. 

Now, when I watch a channel, I look for red flags such as tacitly supporting or outright encouraging domestic terrorism in the name of patriotism as well as outrageous and/or unsafe health claims.

Prepper Potpourri has a good discussion on this with her video, "Do YT Preppers really believe this?!"


Let's continue to prep folks but let's not lose our minds.

Related info:  COVID-19 vaccine FAQ

*Hat tip to Nightcat for mentioning this video in a mutual group. May she RIP.

Disclaimer: The writing here is my own. However, I sometimes embed videos from YouTube, which as far as I know is permissible. However, if you're a video creator and would like me to remove your video, please let me know by making a comment in the post with your video.

Comments

Popular Posts