Frugal Tip - Operational Manuals and Extra Parts Check

This tip may or may not save you some cash, so your mileage may vary as they say.  We keep all of the operational manuals for household appliances, gadgets, etc. in a box.  I know it's not the most efficient but at least they're all in the same place.  That is except for my sewing machine manual.  For the life of me, I haven't been able to find it since we moved into the house.  I went to try to find it for free online.  I did from the link below, but in my search I also found that the company that makes the machine is out of business.

Even though I consider a sewing machine a frugal living item, a new one isn't on the top of my to-buy list.  But now, looking for a supplier for extra parts is near the top of my to-do list and eventually maybe I'll consider a new one after I get some more preps out of the way.

What about you?  Have you checked to see if you have all of your operational manuals?  Most of them have troubleshooting tips to help you know how to fix a problem yourself or if you need to have an item repaired.  What about extra parts for your gadgets including things like vacuum cleaner belts or any special tools you might need to repair things?  When you really need something is when you're more likely to pay more money for it.  But if you plan ahead, you can shop around for the best deals.  Or like me you might find out that the product isn't being manufactured anymore, so you'll have time to change your plans or teach yourself how to repair whatever it is you have.

I found my sewing machine manual at Hammerwall Manual Finder.  I think this is a great resource if you can't find the manual from the company that manufactured your item. There's a search feature where you can either type in the manual your looking for or you can enter a model number and manufacturer name.  You may be asked to register or login but I didn't do this.  Once I found the manual I wanted, I clicked on manual location and was taken to a page to enter a Captcha and then the .pdf downloadable form of the manual came up.

© P.J. Deneen

Comments

Popular Posts