Snap Caps for Practice Loading

I confess to not getting to the range to practice shooting as much as I should or want to.  The 20-gauge in the household has been designated as my gun and I have been wanting to get some practice at least loading the thing.  Hubby bought me some snap caps for this purpose.  We found them at Cheaper Than Dirt online and Amazon and settled on the A-Zoom brand set of 2 from Amazon (he bought 2 sets).

With some brands, there is the choice between metal and plastic and I'm glad he chose metal.  After just a few practice loading rounds, we could see some of the metal look a bit worn.  These can also be used for dry firing but I don't plan on doing that.  Initially, I was considering the 20-gauge as my home self-defense weapon.  But unless I keep it loaded even with practice loading it isn't as quick to load as the 22-gauge rifle we have.  Eventually we'd like a pistol but we won't be able to get one for a while yet.

Even if I don't use the 20-gauge for self-defense, I'm glad we got the snap caps for practice.  We plan on checking out ranges and clubs in our area and the practice is helping me become more confident and quicker in my loading.  It will help me feel less like an amateur on the range at least in the loading aspect.

© P.J. Deneen

Comments

Popular Posts